Owner: Midwestern State University

Midwestern State University Fowler Hall Renovation

View Gallery

This building, originally built in 1950 and added on to in the 1980's, was completely renovated into a new School of Engineering. Imperial Construction renovated 20,000 square feet of space and added on a three story glass atrium. The new state of the art engineering facility features copper and glass walls and Rulon ceilings. The glass atrium allows light to flood what was once a dark and cold environment.   

All work was done without disturbing the historical attributes of the structure. Some aspects of the renovation included demolishing and re-pouring new concrete flooring, relocating the elevator and fire exits, and adding new structural steel to support the roof and second floor. The newly renovated space contains three science labs, a computer lab, a mechanical lab, and glass study rooms overhanging the laboratory area. Several exterior improvements were also made to the sidewalks and landscaping to enhance the aesthetics of the building.

Architect:  SHW Group
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas

Back To Higher Education Projects